[Twisted-web] HTTP authentication for twisted.web.client.Agent (#5148)

Matt Behrens matt at zigg.com
Fri Apr 5 08:15:40 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm looking into Twisted for some projects at work and believe I may be able to work on #5148 <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5148> to add HTTP authentication to twisted.web.client.Agent, since I need at least Basic support (and will probably just add Digest too while I'm at it.)

I took a look at the branch changeset <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/changeset?new=32269%40branches%2Fhttp-client-auth-5148-2&old=32267%40trunk> and it looks like what's been done so far is the addition of a basic agent that will eventually talk to an as-of-yet-uninvented responder that will provide the authentication.  Is there any more than this at this point?  Did anyone have ideas that they felt would work better?

I'm pretty new to actually using Twisted, but I think I get it.  I may need some help making the end result fit well, since I'm discovering a lot of new things as I dig into the source.  (Obviously, step 1 is bring that work up to the trunk… my merge attempt was a disaster, so I might just hand-apply the changes for now.)

P.S. I'm zigg on IRC and Trac, but I'm not necessarily online or responsive most of the time.