[Twisted-web] Porting the features of nevow.guard to twisted.web.guard

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at me.com
Wed Jan 4 20:52:47 EST 2012

Hi Glyph,

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:40:45 -0600, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2012, at 10:38 AM, L. Daniel Burr wrote:

[SNIP]

>> Hi Jean-Paul,
>>

>> There is a project, https://github.com/minskmaz/txWebAuth, to which I
>> contributed a tiny amount of code.  Neither the main author nor myself
>> have done much to progress the work, but there is a rudimentary design
>> in
>> place at least.  The only major difference between txWebAuth and guard
>> is
>> some widening of the ICredentialFactory interface, which is necessary to
>> allow for form-based and OAuth flows.
>
> Thanks for the update, Daniel.
>
> If that's really all there is to it, would this widening of
> ICredentialFactory be appropriate to just include in Twisted?  Would
> that help OAuth (and its ilk) move forward in the txEcosystem?
>
> -glyph

That's the only change to an existing twisted interface.  The rest can be
done via checkers and appropriate guard-style wrapper resources.  The
change to ICredentialFactory is so tiny that I don't know if there is any
meaningful benefit to making that change in twisted proper, but I'm fine
with whatever works for the interested parties.

Thanks,

L. Daniel Burr