[Twisted-web] CorePost 0.0.7 - all about content types

Jacek Furmankiewicz jacek99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:08:02 EDT 2011

Depends. pyaml is very forgiving in terms of what you feed to it, but
json.dumps() only really seems to
accept list/dict without complaining.

I will keep refining this. One shortcoming is that it does not serialize
Python classes (json.dumps() says they're not JSON serializable).
I will probably need to write a custom marshaller that uses a class's
__dict__ to convert it to a dict (including traversing the whole
object graph).

XML does not work either yet, could not find a library that does
dict/list/class conversion to XML. Will need to write one myself too.
But all the underlying plumbing in terms of content routing is there.

Once I am done with all of this I will have a serious look at AMPoule to get
that out-of-the-box multi-core support.

So the next release 0.0.8 should finish all the content type stuff and then
for 0.0.9 should start looking at AMPoule.

Jacek