[Twisted-web] Perspective Broker: Max connections?

Ilias Rinis iliasr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:02:48 EDT 2011

Greetings *,

I have been using perspective broker for a while, and now I am
encountering a scalability issue.

I have set up a single pb server; I intend to create a big workload of
client connections to this server. My server so far is possible to
accept up to ~55 connections. If I try to push more connections in
(e.g. 100), I get the following failure:

Unhandled error in Deferred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
Failure: twisted.internet.error.ConnectBindError: Couldn't bind: 24:
Too many open files.

When one of these 55 clients logs out of my server, another one of the
rest connects. It seems like there is some connection queue and the
rest are waiting there until some of the first 55 clients exits... Is
this possible? What could cause this error?

Thank you all for your attention!