[Twisted-web] How to do create a very simple tac file ?

Thorne, Stephen stephen at thorne.id.au
Thu Jul 14 09:05:12 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 13:50, Ivan <bdfy at mail.ru> wrote:
> I have a very simple example:
>
> from twisted.internet import protocol, utils, reactor
>

> def start():
>     utils.getProcessOutputAndValue('sleep',['1000'])
>
> reactor.callWhenRunning(start)
> reactor.run()

I put together an example of how to create a 'complete' example
application using twisted plugins (which are also run with 'twistd'
but allow things like command line arguments) a few weeks ago.

repo is here: https://bitbucket.org/jerub/twisted-plugin-example

It shows how to do things in 'Service.startService', this approach
would map to using a .tac file as well, with some munging.

https://bitbucket.org/jerub/twisted-plugin-example/src/a3af1e55194a/examplepackage/examplemodule.py#cl-49

Stephen.