[Twisted-web] default file creation when using reactor.spawnProcess

Stephan schenette at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:50:24 EDT 2011

HI Glypyh,

I'm using Ubuntu currently,

what I'm trying to accomplish is changing the default file creation
for the daemon, which from what I'm reading was changed some time ago.

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/966

what I'd like is for the twistd daemon to create files with a certain
default file creation permission, so I'm looking at changing the
umask,
but so far I can't get the format correctly, as I'm trying to use what
I'd normally use for chmod

when starting twistd what is the correct format for umask? is what I
have correct?
desired result is rw for owner, group and world.

 21 DAEMON_OPTS="--umask=0666 --pidfile=${PIDFILE}
--logfile=${LOGFILE} --python     ${SERVICE_PATH}"
 22
 23 # Set python path so twistd can find the plugin
 24 # See: http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/plugin.htm
 25 export PYTHONPATH=$SERVICE_DIR
 26
 27 if [ ! -x $DAEMON ]; then
 28   echo "ERROR: Can't execute $DAEMON."
 29   exit 1
 30 fi
 31
 32 if [ ! -x $SERVICE_PATH ]; then
 33   echo "ERROR: Can't execute: $SERVICE_PATH"
 34   exit 1
 35 fi
 36
 37 start_service() {
 38   echo -n " * Starting $SERVICE_NAME... "
 39   start-stop-daemon -Sq --chuid ${RUNAS} --group ${RUNAS} -p
$PIDFILE -x $DA    EMON -- $DAEMON_OPTS