[Twisted-web] Get identity of previously-authenticated user

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Apr 22 21:29:54 EDT 2011

On Apr 22, 2011, at 10:26 AM, Mike Pelletier wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, Glyph.  You ask, "how could you be so dumb?"
> so I will explain.  (You also said the A-word, but I will ignore
> that.)

You mean ... acquisition? :)

> I am now using my own root resource to set up PB-style avatars on the
> session.  I plan to expire any sessions referenced via cleartext http.
> I can't wait to see what goes wrong with that.

Cool.  Keep us updated.  I'm sure lots will inevitably go wrong :).  One big problem with having this model that isn't widely understood is that there's a deficiency of utilities for implementing common patterns, so you may have to do some things yourself which would be otherwise provided for in other frameworks.  If you hit a pain point, please complain about it loudly, so we can get this kind of folk wisdom and design patterns out there in the wider world.

Thanks,

-g