[Twisted-web] About twisted-web2 and proxy module

Pau Freixes pfreixes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:17:43 EDT 2011

> Hi list,
>
> Which is the state about twisted-web2 ? will be merged at end at web
> namespace ?
>
> web2 has been removed from Twisted.  It has not been available in a Twisted
> release for years, and it is recently not available in trunk either.
> web2 still contains several good implementation ideas that never made it to
> twisted.web, though, so if you'd like to help with moving those into
> twisted.web, we'd be very happy for your assistance.  However, it is
> strongly recommended that you use twisted.web for your applications, since
> that is actually developed and maintained.

Are not good news, i think also twiste-web2 has some good ideas - like
filters - and some changes at response chain architecture with good
feelings. But i can understand the effort to mantain both "branches"
..

Im now building some project under twisted-web and i need some
features from twisted-web2, mainly stream module ... what do you think
to move stream module from twisted-web2 to twisted-web refactoring
code ?

--
--pau