[Twisted-web] How to handle interrupted responses in nevow?

Peter Westlake peter.westlake at pobox.com
Fri Oct 15 12:52:53 EDT 2010

A quick question about Python style:

nevow.Request is a subclass of twisted.web.server.Request,
which is a subclass of http.Request, which has an attribute
_disconnected. Since the name begins with an underscore, it
isn't intended to be part of the public API, and I think
that means I can't refer to it in nevow.Request.

There are two options:

1) use notifyFinish() to set a new attribute in nevow.Request,
   which would end up duplicating _disconnected;

2) use it anyway, and file a request for _disconnected to
   become part of the published interface.

Both approaches work, and I have a unit test to prove it!
Which would you like me to do?

Peter.