[Twisted-web] gzipped content

Werner Thie wthie at thiengineering.ch
Sat May 15 21:00:10 EDT 2010

Hi

There must be an easy answer for this, it just eludes me. After some
digging in the source code it looked like this will be handled
automatically for static resources in twisted.web

Hitting http://www.gidnetwork.com/tools/gzip-test.php shows that this is
not the case, response headers for my LivePage site are set to

status          HTTP/1.0 200 OK
date            Sun, 16 May 2010 00:50:29 GMT
cache-control   no-store, no-cache,
must-revalidate
content-type    text/html;
charset=UTF-8
pragma 	        no-cache
server 	        TwistedWeb/10.0.0

Is there an easy way to switch to gzipped content, helping a lot with
delivering more and more JScript code to the user (obfuscated and all I
could squeeze out another factor of three)

Thank you, Werner