[Twisted-web] Newbie question : client connection lost

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 11 09:06:27 EDT 2010

On 11/05/10 14:46, Sebastien PASTOR wrote:
> It looks to me that this is what i am doin ... I really might be
> doing something wrong here but can t see what.
> The only difference with the livejournal's code is that i am trying to
> run a blocking code so i am doing a threads.deferToThread instead of doing a
> callLater.
> To test the connection lost, client side i am disabling the wifi while
> the server is blocking (sleeping). At the end of the blocking code:
> request.write() and finish() are done as if the connection was available
> and my ErrCallBack is not called.

If you're disabling the wi-fi, then you'll have to wait until the TCP
connection timeout occurs. This might be a long, long time, or possibly
never, if keepalives aren't enabled.

You could try enabling aggressive values for TCP keepalives on the
underlying TCP connection, but I'm not sure that's advisable.