[Twisted-web] Twisted and reverse proxies

Rob Newman rlnewman at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 30 19:52:46 EDT 2010

Hi Twisted folks,

We have a pure Twisted application that runs on a URL akin to:

http://hostname:8080

We wish to use an Apache reverse proxy to allow our web users to transparently view the Twisted application 'within' our existing Apache served site. So that, something like:

http://www.companyname.com/tools/twisted_app

proxies to:

http://hostname:8080

As someone relatively new to Twisted, how will our static (and other) resources react to being reverse proxy served? Will they barf? Is there any online documentation I can look at for case studies?

Thanks in advance,
- Rob