[Twisted-web] A small getPage problem accessing localhost on Vista

jannico at gmx.de jannico at gmx.de
Tue Jun 1 18:16:46 EDT 2010

Dear Twistonistas,

I am using 10.0.0 for 2.5 on a Vista Home 'Premium' (yes, yes, I know).

I am accessing some page with getPage(certain_url,method='GET').

Accessing works for non-local urls. Accessing does not work for "http://localhost:8080/..." - windows error 10061: connection refused (abbreviated from partially localized error message).

This propably sounds like a firewall problem, but all three firewall profiles disabled, only the 'native' windows vista firewall installed, so it shouldn't be one, I hope.

When using a synchronous urllib.urlopen('http://localhost:8080/...') / read() pair, it works.

This makes me nervous somehow, I must admit. Perhaps you have any hint / idea what the problem might be? This would be most welcome!

Btw.: The line "127.0.0.1 localhost" is in the host file in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

Thank you very much in advance!

Jannico