[Twisted-web] Status of divmod-dev list?

Yaroslav Fedevych jaroslaw.fedewicz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 09:18:25 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz
<glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> We're not
> planning to move Athena into Twisted, as it's a large pile of aging
> JavaScript, and would involve a significant amount of browser-based testing
> in order to get right, which Twisted doesn't currently need.

> Athena would need to be stripped down to a much smaller core in order
> to be appropriate for this.

Beg your pardon ladies and gentlemen,
may I my 2¢ here?

I would be totally happy if the result, in the end, looked almost like
Perspective Broker (given that it is fairly decently documented right
now, no need to reinvent wheels) on the Python side and would be easy
to hand-write in pure JavaScript on the front-end side (so that you
ultimately don't necessary need generated magic code your average
front-end teammate proficient in JS but vaguely familiar with Twisted
and Python in general would have to dig into and work around).

I think that documentation for the server side would be rather a
simple comparison of what things doable with PB cannot be done with
Athena. The only piece to have a deeper write-up would be the
JavaScript side.

If that was the case, I would seriously look at bridging that with jQuery.

--
Engineer : How do I do it?
Economist : How much will it cost?