[Twisted-web] proxy http 204

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Apr 24 16:01:40 EDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:40:33 -0700, Brian Kuhn <bnkuhn at gmail.com> wrote:
>I understand what a 204 is.  It appears though that the framework is hanging
>on them...not my code.
>Twisted calls my handleEndHeaders method, then hangs for awhile, then calls
>my handleResponseEnd method.
>
>Perhaps there is something I need to do in the handleStatus method to
>preempt this behavior.  Any idea how I can tell Twisted to not timeout
>waiting for content that will never come?

I dunno, maybe.  It's hard to know without being able to see your code.
I suppose you have an HTTPClient subclass?  Or maybe a ProxyClient sub-
class?  Likely you should be getting a `handleResponseEnd` when the
connection is closed.  If the server never closes the connection, then
perhaps you'll never get `handleResponseEnd`, I'm not sure.

Jean-Paul