[Twisted-web] Finer-Grained Security System for Twisted Web/Nevow?

s s listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
Wed Apr 22 09:21:24 EDT 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 6:55 AM, glyph at divmod.com wrote:

> On 04:49 am, jeff at taupro.com wrote:
>> Valentino Volonghi wrote:
>>>
>>> On Apr 20, 2009, at 4:05 AM, Jeff Rush wrote:
>>>
>>> http://files.twisted.it/stiq_at_europython07.pdf
>>>
>>> This is a presentation I gave at europython 07 about some of the
>>> practices, that I consider best, in developing with Nevow.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Valentino, thanks very much for that long email outlining how you
>> use Nevow.
>> It definitely helps me with ideas I've not seen anywhere else.
>
> Jeff, I'd appreciate it if you could collate some of these ideas and
> experiences into some write-up of your own - there isn't a lot of
> folk knowledge about there about how to get the most out of Nevow or
> Twisted.Web.  It would be nice if google had more to find on this
> subject than bugs in our ticket trackers :).

I'd be happy to review it since I gave up in frustration after, as you
said, finding not much beyond bug reports filed against them by people
who already knew how to use them.

I really need Twisted for some of my app but ended up having to use
django, running behind CherryPy's WSGI with Twisted mixed in to do the
real work.

The Twisted WSGI server gave me fits with missing CSS files and other
oddities I don't know enough to track down myself or I would have used
that.

Obviously, that's a different discussion but I wasted so much time
trying to get Nevow to do  _anything_ that I can't pursue it right now.