[Twisted-web] some questions about twisted.web

Jack Moffitt jack at chesspark.com
Tue Apr 7 17:08:50 EDT 2009

> I really can't understand you. The way I'm reading your first sentence
> in this paragraph is so silly that I must be misreading the intention.
> Maybe the problem is that you don't understand what twistd plugins
> really are. If you care, I recommend reading the URL that Michal
> referred to earlier:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/tap.html

Thanks for the second nudge here.  The big note about how this is not
the same as tap files cleared it up for me.

So to get what I want, I'd write a plugin for Tape, then wrap that
with some user friendly python to hide the non-essential command line
options or the fact that I need twistd.

It sounds like a reasonable first step to making this better would be
to have some way to hook into twistd from the code side.  Perhaps this
is already possible?

jack.