[Twisted-web] some questions about twisted.web

Alex Clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 16:16:46 EDT 2009

> I just don't think that dissing efforts of many developers to write
> backwards-compatible software by calling those efforts "a giant mess" is a
> sensible thing.
Quite frankly, I think "dissing" is the wrong word here.  It is a well
know fact acknowledged
by several twisted developers that the web situation is in fact "a
giant mess", but
as you probably know, there is significant effort going to remedy this.

Twisted is opensource. You can file bugs and send patches at
> http://twistedmatrix.com/
Not to come off as too much of a fanboy here, but Jack Moffitt does file
bugs and send patches.  Additionally, and just as important, he is an
excellent evangelist of Twisted.  Check out http://metajack.im/ and
see his articles on Twisted.  I for one look forward to reading them,
and they are important for the community.

I myself have not (yet!) sent patches for Twisted, but I'm a grateful
user that tries to give back in other ways.  I personally evangelize Twisted,
I have contribute a bit financially,  and I currently work at University of
California at San Diego on the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI [1])
project, and I have been pushing to make Twisted be a fundamental piece
in the project's cyberinfracstructure, because I absolutely think it is the
right tool for the job in many cases.

So, in summary, Twisted FTW :-)

thanks,
Alex