[Twisted-web] some questions about twisted.web

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:58:17 EDT 2009

Ugh. This thread is a mess. Can you guys quit the bullshit?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Jack Moffitt <jack at chesspark.com> wrote:
>> You can pass arbitrary command line options by writing a plugin.
>>  http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/tap.html
>
> Which, as I recall, Glyph and others have discourged others from doing
> this.  Perhaps I am mistaken, but if twistd is intended for this
> purpose, why has this not become part of it all along?

I don't think anyone's discouraging twistd plugins. They're nice for
what they do. You may be thinking of mktap plugins. mktap is
deprecated.

I don't understand the grammar in "why has this not become part of it
all along". Are you suggesting use of a time machine? I would love to,
if you made one available to me.

> This is disregarding the whole fact that none of already existing
> twistd options are at all revelevant to my users, and only serve to
> provide more noise.

If this is a command line non-daemon application, then you're right.
twistd is not really geared towards those. There are some vague ideas
for helping people write tools like that in a way that makes sense,
but nothing very concrete.

As for your initial list of things, I encourage you to file them as
bugs (making sure you search for existing bugs first).  They look
pretty reasonable. Some of them are probably just documentation bugs.

--
Christopher Armstrong
http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/