[Twisted-web] .js File caching behavior on different browsers

Werner Thie wthie at thiengineering.ch
Tue Sep 16 03:23:05 EDT 2008

Jean-Paul
Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:00:24 +0200, lasizoillo <lasizoillo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2008/9/13 Werner Thie <wthie at thiengineering.ch>:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Tried to send this to divmod-dev at divmod.org, but post didn't show up
>>> after
>>> 12hours.
>>>
>>> Might be an insanly stupid question but, is there a simple way to force
>>> the reload of JScript code for nevow LivePages via a server issued
>>> directive?
>>
>> I never expire a javascript file, I change his url. If I have a
>> script.js file, I import script.js?v=1, script.js?v=2, ... This force
>> a client reload only with new deploys.
>
> Athena effectively does this automatically.  If JavaScript source files
> are changing but the browser isn't requesting the new versions, then
> there's a bug somewhere that needs to be fixed.

If JScript code is brought to the page via the javaScript classvar
class LP(athena.Livepage):
   javaScript = ('scripts/somescripts.js, 'scripts/otherscripts.js')

I end up with a static path to the scripts and they cling to Firefox.

How would you suggest to bring in additional (foreign, third party)
libraries?

Do I have to use the naming kludge or is there a better way.

Thxs, Werner