[Twisted-web] Having reactor run at the main thread make things harder for late adopters

George Pauly george at ringdevelopment.com
Tue Nov 4 15:56:12 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 22:20 +0200, Tzury Bar Yochay wrote:
> I will first describe my application in a single sentence.
>
> Write a server that can serve TCP/UDP clients on several ports, and
> let the clients communicate with each other in a predefined protocol,
> while each can 'talk' to the server in a different protocol/port.

Are the clients communicating directly or through the server?

Are the ports specific to either client/server communication or
(presuming the answer to the first question) client/client
communication?

> In my case where I picked up Twisted relatively late in the project I
> need Twisted to plugged into my applocation and not the my application
> plugged-into Twisted (at least at this stage).

Is this because the client is already written with a specific protocol
in mind?

> Is there a way to by-pass this limitation?
>
> At this stage the main problem I see is having transport.write will
> have data transmitted immediately when called from another thread.

You already have threads in your server?  Is this the limitation?  If
so, are the threads there to handle client connections?

--
George Pauly
Ring Development