[Twisted-web] How to use twisted.web2 http clients.

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:13:20 EDT 2008

On 5/13/08, Brian Carmalt <bca at contact.de> wrote:
>  I have asked a similar question a couple of months ago, Cameron Dale
>  responded with an example of how he uses the http client in web2, but
>  the the link he supplied is no longer available and I cannot seem to
>  find a local copy. I looked at his example when he posted the link, but
>  it did not seem like it was relevant to the cases I have. If I am wrong,
>  could you post the example agian Cameron? Thanks.

http://git.camrdale.org/?p=apt-p2p.git;a=blob;f=apt_p2p/HTTPDownloader.py

It's undergone some changes since then, including adding the fix for
ticket #3207. You're probably only interested in the parts of the Peer
class that implements the ClientManager interface and submitting
requests.

>  Here is what I need to implement:
>
>  Streaming POST:
>  1) create connection
>  2) set up connection
>  3) check for a 100-continue and authenticate if necessary.
>  3) stream data over the connection, in small chunks with unknown content length or from files.
>  4) check the response.
>  5) close connection/or reuse it if I can.

Mine only does no content requests.

>  Multiple One-shot POST, GET, HEAD and DELETES
>  1) create connection
>  2) set up connection
>  3) authenticate if necessary.
>  3) send multiple POST/GET/HEAD/DELETE commands and retrieve the
>  4) close connection when done.

Mine handles multiple GET and HEAD requests, not POST, and DELETE
should work but I haven't tried it.

Cameron