[Twisted-web] Using Nevow in an existing reactor

Simon Pickles sipickles at googlemail.com
Sun May 11 15:01:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a game server running a twisted.internet.reactor already, but am
new to nevow.

I'd like to be able to add an HTTP server for debugging and monitoring.

What is this simplest way I could incorporate this? Eg:

#----------------------------
from nevow import loaders, rend
from twisted.internet import reactor

class HttpServer(rend.Page):
    addSlash = True
    docFactory = loaders.xmlfile('testPage.html')

reactor.listenTCP(8080, HttpServer())
reactor.run()

When I try this, I get errors since I have not overridden all the
protocol functions (like doStart, and buildProtocol). I am a little
confused by this since the HttpServer inherits from rend.Page, not
twisted.protocol

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Simon