[Twisted-web] streaming request (was: status of Twisted Web and Web 2)

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Mar 6 17:45:01 EST 2008

Wow, somehow we got talking about different things without realizing it!
I wonder how that happened?

If I'm (finally) understanding you correctly, your case is one where we
are a server and handling a POST request.  In my application, I'm
dealing with streaming _downloads_, not streaming _uploads_ (i.e., mine
is client side rather than server side).  My code would look something
like this:

consumer = MyConsumer()
http_streaming_download('http://some/big/file', consumer)

Hopefully that makes it clear why it seems like MyConsumer should be a
straightforward class that implements IConsumer.  In this case, it's
simply confusing to make the downloader care about HTTP headers, etc.

In your case (processing a POST request), I can understand the need to
look at HTTP headers, etc., so I agree that you would want something
more complicated than a simple consumer.

Is there anything I'm still missing?  Thanks!

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/