[Twisted-web] Re: status of Twisted Web and Web 2

Nicola Larosa nico at teknico.net
Thu Mar 6 04:37:27 EST 2008

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> The worst thing about the current web confusion is that I think Twisted
> would be that much *more* powerful if projects like Django could build
> upon it; being the common lower-level of django, zope, cherrypy,
> turbogears, and whatever else, would draw a lot of interest for Twisted,
> and eliminate the need for the "don't use this piece of crap in a real
> deployment" webservers that many of those projects currently come with.

Better integration between Twisted and Django has been on my todo list for
quite a while. The current integration is done via WSGI and multithreading
each whole request, which is not exactly the way one would like to use
Twisted. ;-) Integration between Twisted and Zope is also currently done by
multithreading each whole request, AFAIK.

Unfortunately Django code may block anywhere, so there's a lot of work
trying to segment it in blocking and non-blocking parts, and hiding the
blocking ones behind deferToThread calls.

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

The [European] Parliamentary Assembly therefore urges the member states,
and especially their education authorities: [...] to firmly oppose the
teaching of creationism as a scientific discipline on an equal footing
with the theory of evolution and in general resist presentation of
creationist ideas in any discipline other than religion.
 -- European Parliament, resolution 1580 (2007)