[Twisted-web] Connecting to external JavaScript libs with Athena

Travis Branham tbranham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 09:41:53 EDT 2008

Thanks, Glyph.

Yes, by 'connect', I really meant 'load'. Your links were quite helpful; I
believe that the following snippet was enough to keep me moving along:

function _makeGoogleMap(self, mapContainerNode) {
        return (new GMap2(mapContainerNode));
},

I'll have to double-check my trials, because I was trying something similar
from the outset. Of course, "something similar" and "something wrong" are,
in this case, one and the same ;)

Thanks for taking the time!

-Travis

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:09 AM, <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:

> On 04:10 am, tbranham at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> So, I've been racking my brain for a couple of days on this, and I can't
>> seem to get anywhere. My question is: Is it possible to connect to an
>> external JavaScript library, and subsequently make calls to said library
>> through an Athena LivePage element?
>>

> Sure, maybe.  It depends what you mean by all those words.  "connect" to =
an
> external javascript library?  Don't you mean "load" an external javascript
> library?  And how is making calls to a library different than making calls
> to any random function?
>
> I don't know a lot about Google Maps, but I do know that Divmod's most
> recent product (Blendix) uses Google Maps to display locations.
>
> You can see this in action on my blendix page:
>
>   http://blendix.com/users/glyph/
>
> or view the source code:
>

> http://blendix.com/__jsmodule__/16f16613df2ba86d19271a41115d50bedf4b461d/=
Blendix.PersonDetail

> Have a look at the 'initializeMap' method to see an example of integration
> between Athena and Google Maps.
>
> Please note that this isn't open source; we haven't released the code
> anywhere yet (although this part is JavaScript, so you could of course ha=
ve
> just done 'view source' and figured out that link for yourself).

-- =

Travis Lee Branham