[Twisted-web] IDocFactory.load

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Jul 22 20:26:20 EDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:46:36 +1000, Tim Stebbing <tjstebbing at gmail.com> wrote:
>G'day,
>
>Our app has a few custom loaders which back in the ctx days would have
>adapted ctx
>to get the request which we would do various things with. Recently the ctx
>has stopped
>being passed (yay), and I had guessed it would be replaced with a request,
>but it seems
>that is not the case.
>
>It seems like a sensible change for IDocFactory.load to be passed a request
>(optionally,
>as the old ctx was), which ideally page.Element.render would push through.
>Looking
>at Element.render the request is right there anyway, yet we're passing a
>None.
>
>thoughts?

Sounds reasonable.  There should probably be a new interface, perhaps
with somewhat more limited behavior.  But the main point is that
changing the name of an argument on an existing interface is kind of
bad.

There's no reason the request shouldn't be made available to the loader
that I can think of.  I didn't make it available because I didn't want
to create a context or a new interface at the time.

Jean-Paul