[Twisted-web] return the full (absolute) request URI

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jan 15 09:31:27 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 9:24 AM, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I need to do a redirect to the same URI the client requested, however it
> seems that Twisted Web has no support for this.
>
> request.prePathURL() is an absolute URI, but is not good and request.uri
> is not an absolute URI
> (an absolute URI is required in the Location header
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.30)

Just to clarify:

The URI that the client requested is only the path; they do not give a
full absolute URI on the "GET" (or "POST", or whatever method) line.
Therefore the "same URI the client requested" is really request.uri.

> Do I need to write a fullPathURL function by myself?

If you need an absolute URI, you'll have to construct it, perhaps
using the "Host" header sent by the client, or perhaps using a
pre-configured hostname setting in your application.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery