[Twisted-web] HTTPS in Twisted

Evandro Dugnani edugnani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:32:24 EST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 9:10 PM, Colin Alston <karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net> wrote:

> Change TCPServer to SSLServer. Will also help to read the API docs.

Hi Colin,

  Thanks for the tip.
  Using that, I discovered that I had to generate a private key file,
and then generate a self-signed SSL certificate..
  After that, I just created a ssl context with the private key and
the certificate and changed my call "reactor.listenTCP()" to
"reactor.listenSSL()", passing the ssl context as parameter.

  Here is the code if anyone wants:

from twisted.web import http

class MyRequestHandler(http.Request):

   def process(self):
       ... my processing code

class MyHttp(http.HTTPChannel):

   requestFactory = MyRequestHandler

class MyHttpFactory(http.HTTPFactory):

   protocol = MyHttp

if __name__ == "__main__":

    from twisted.internet import reactor, ssl

    sslContext = ssl.DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory('privkey.pem','cacert.pem')
    reactor.listenSSL(TCP_PORT, MyHttpFactory( ), contextFactory = sslContext)

    reactor.run( )

  Link for reference:
  - http://blog.vrplumber.com/356

  Regards,