[Twisted-web] wsgi and twisted.web{,2} again

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Thu Dec 4 20:24:03 EST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> Due to the current roadmap for Twisted Web and Twisted Web2, I would
> not
> encourage you to contribute Twisted Web2 WSGI support, though.

Web2 was written with the goal of allowing many protocols/deployment
mechanisms to hook up to it: http, cgi, scgi, and maybe-working
fastcgi are present. WSGI was not omitted because of any hatred of it,
only because it was simply not done before plans changed.

Anyhow, I agree, it'd be really nice to have that flexibility ported
back into twisted.web so you could deploy a t.web-based app on top of
any server you like.

James