[Twisted-web] wsgi and twisted.web{,2} again

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Dec 4 09:22:49 EST 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:51:20 +0400, Dot Fill <dotfill at gmail.com> wrote:
>I know, people on this list dislike WSGI as a matter of principle,
>so don't kick me into head before I have spoken the rest...

It seems you put a lot of thought into this.  I could argue with various
points that you've made, but I'll just skip to the end instead.  If you'd
like to contribute support to Twisted Web or Nevow for running in a WSGI
container, then we'll accept it and maintain it (with all of the usual
caveats about documentation, test coverage, etc).  In case there is any
confusion caused by the recent deprecation of Nevow's wsgi module, this
was done because that module didn't meet quality requirements, not because
we think there is no place for such functionality in Nevow (although from
an implementation perspective, it *would* be preferable if a Twisted Web
WSGI module could provide this feature for both Twisted Web *and* Nevow).

Due to the current roadmap for Twisted Web and Twisted Web2, I would not
encourage you to contribute Twisted Web2 WSGI support, though.

>Sorry for my English too.

Your English is great. :)

Jean-Paul