[Twisted-web] Nevow.Athena.PageWidget - events not caught in IE

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Apr 29 07:04:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:39:16 +0200, Harald Blåtand <kozneb at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm using Nevow 0.9.31. Have been struggling with catching the
>onbeforeunload event for a couple of days. From the JS code in
>Athena/__init__.js, it looks like the events 'onkeypress' and
>'onbeforeunload' are handled pretty automatically; and by adding alerts to
>their methods, I can verify that both are caught fine on Firefox.
>
>However, on Internet Explorer - v 6.0.2800 on W2000, and 7.0.6000 on Vista
>- neither of these 2 events is trapped.
>Does anybody know whether this is a known problem with Athena on IE?

I'm not sure what might be going on here.  I can tell you that I've never
tested Athena on either of those platforms, though.

>(A further observation - the Athena test files TestInit.js and TestWidget.js
>both appear to have tests for onbeforeunload. Now, when I do 'nit
>--port=9876 nevow' and press "Run Tests" in the browser, these files do not
>seem to run. I don't understand too much of the interactive unit tests yet,
>but I get a feeling that file livetest_athena.py would need to have a line
>like "jsClass = u'Nevow.Test.." for these 2 files to be found and executed,
>and it doesn't.)

When I run `nit nevow´ and click the `Run Tests´ button, I see 59 tests
run and succeed.  This using Firefox 1.5 on Ubuntu 6.06.

You might be confusing nits with JavaScript unit tests.  nits are defined
by livetest_*.py files and whatever JavaScript the `jsClass´ attributes in
them point to.  Much (perhaps not, there's a bit of mixing) of the code in
the Nevow.Test JavaScript package (defined by Nevow/nevow/js/Nevow/Test/)
is for JavaScript unit tests.  These are run using the stand-alone spider-
monkey interpreter; they don't run in a browser.

Nevow/nevow/js/Nevow/Athena/Tests/__init__.js has most of the code for the
Nevow nits.

Jean-Paul