[Twisted-web] what are the advantage of using a single-threaded server? and when should we use deferreds?

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sat Apr 26 07:45:47 EDT 2008

inhahe ha scritto:
> hi, excuse my noobness, I have a few basic questions about twisted, or
> probably about web servers in general.
>
> what is the advantage of using a single-threaded server?

It depends on what do you intend for "thread".

If you intend an OS thread, with preemption, then the advantage of
Twisted should be evident.

If instead you intend micro threads (like Lua coroutines, Erland
process, Python stackless, Python greenlets) with cooperation, then
multi threads should be better, because they are both efficient and easy
to program.

 > [...]

Manlio Perillo