[Twisted-web] twisted on mac. twisted.web problems.

aaron smith beingthexemplarylists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:38:04 EST 2007

Hey all. I can't figure out what exactly is going on with my python
install. I've tried installing twisted on both mac leopard and tiger.
It installs fine, but when I try to run a basic twisted.web http
server. I get errors about the web module not existing.

It seems like some load path issues. I've tried numerous different
hacks on the load path just to get it at least loading. but to no
avail. does anyone else have crazy problems like this?

By default twisted was being installed here:
/Library/Python/2.3/site-packages/twisted
I've tried putting twisted in
:/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Extras/lib/python/twisted

I've also tried some things with the interpreter.

$>python
>>>import twisted
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "twisted.py", line 1, in ?
    from twisted.web import http
ImportError: No module named web

-----------------
$>python
>>>import sys
>>>sys.path = ["/Library/Python/2.3/site-packages/twisted"]
>>>import twisted
>>>import twisted.web
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?