[Twisted-web] disabling redirection

Colin Alston karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net
Sat Jun 9 18:16:26 EDT 2007

On 09/06/2007 19:07 Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> But it requires to rewrite the URLs to, i.e.,
> localhost:8080/vhost/http/my.site.com/the/real/url. With varnish, a
> modern and very fast reverse proxy, this is not possible (nor wanted).
> It simply forwards the request without adding anything to the requested
> URL, i.e. 'GET /the/real/url'.

What is the basis for using Varnish as opposed to just serving up with
Twisted directly?

> If that can be done with a VHostMonsterResource, too, then I'd be
> curious how. But as far as I understand, it allows twisted to serve
> multiple hosts, which I don't need. I only have exactly one host per
> twisted instance, so I would like to simply hardcode the host and port
> it's supposed to serve. But how?

Perhaps you should point out just exactly where and when you're
experiencing problems with URL rewrites. I've never experienced any of
these problems deploying either with a simple reverse proxy or the
VHostMonstorResource. It used to be a problem specifically with Guard
but these issues seem to have dissolved over the current versions.

--
Colin Alston ~ http://www.karnaugh.za.net/

Expecting one person to deal with all your problems is like praying
each time you require an ambulance: You'll eventually be dead long
before you get a response.