[Twisted-web] Hello and Enamel

Colin Alston karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net
Mon Jun 4 01:57:31 EDT 2007

On 04/06/2007 07:10 glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> In other words, we need help!  If you're wondering if there's something
> you can help to document, chances are there is.  Don't worry if you
> don't feel qualified to do the best job; anything is better than
> nothing, which is mostly what we have.

You're right, and it's never been the plan to just leave my gripes
(which are very few) with Nevow behind and fork an abstraction layer
to hide them away.
The main issue is that I actually like the complexity behind Nevow,
because it's not deceiving or limiting, ie - Once you can do Hello
World, the rest is as difficult.

The main thing that a lot of people do ask for is boiler plate code -
but mostly only when they are beginning. After this your 'boiler
plate' starts to become much more application tuned. Of course, I
would work on Mantissa but there needs to be less cohesion between it
and Axiom and thats a scary job. You'll note pretty much each of the
documentation pages on Enamel links at the bottom "If you want to do
more go to X and learn it properly" sort of thing.

The other thing is that no-context needs to be completed before there
is much point in commencing a wide scale rewrite of Nevows
documentation. Someone also needs to rewrite Formal to play with
no-context.

I am but one man :P

--
Colin Alston ~ http://www.karnaugh.za.net/

Expecting one person to deal with all your problems is like praying
each time you require an ambulance: You'll eventually be dead long
before you get a response.