[Twisted-web] twistd and web2 weirdness

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Tue Jul 24 13:08:57 EDT 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 12:18 PM, L. Daniel Burr wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:35:34 -0500, Phil Christensen
> <phil at bubblehouse.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm totally confounded on this one. For some reason, when using
>> twistd, web2 cannot be found by the interpreter. (I'm running
>> Twisted SVN HEAD on pythonmac's Python 2.4 on Mac OS X.)
>>
>> For example, I've got the following code in a file called twisted.py
>
> Bzzzt!  Owie!  Don't do that.  The topmost package in the twisted
> codebase is named "twisted".  You've shadowed that package with a
> module of your own.
>
> Try renaming your file to something else, and I'll bet things
> start working for you.

Thanks for the fast reply, but unfortunately that's not the problem.
'twisted.py' was just the example minimum file i was using to
describe the problem, although I clearly should have used something
else.

Also, I'm pretty sure twistd's -y param simply loads this as a file
(hence the ability to name it with a .tac file).

My actual app file is called 'twserver.py'. I did try renaming the
example file I created before sending my previous email, but alas, no
success.

-phil