[Twisted-web] simple guard question

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 20:05:49 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 19:15 -0400, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:03:33 +0100, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> >How does one get the username for a given request? Bearing in mind that
> >a guard sessions username may have been gathered via an HTML form and
> >not be present on subsequent requests.
> >

> What is a username?  What if the HTML form presents a CAPTCHA image as a
> challenge instead of a username/password login?

The username is the avatarId, which is always a string and always
present, is it not?

Anyway, never mind - I get the idea - the page is the avatar and should
be acting on the users behalf. I don't *agree* with the idea, but I get
it.

I think I'll just override the nevow traversal mechanism with something
more to my liking on, and attach my principal "object" (which *I* think
is the avatar, not the web page) to the request during locateChild on
the root object.

Thanks for the rapid reply.

Cheers,
Phil