[Twisted-web] Progress on client POST methods

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Sun Jan 7 11:37:44 CST 2007

Hi,

I'm writing a Flickr upload tool[1] and would like to be able to show
the progress of the image upload.  Images are uploaded via HTTP POST:

from twisted.web import client
return client.getPage("http://api.flickr.com/services/upload/",
                      method="POST",
                      headers=headers,
                      postdata=form)

where form is the encoded title/tags/image data.  Is there a way to get
progress information from twisted.web.client?  If I'm uploading 4M
images the upload takes some time to complete, so I'd like to be able to
have a progress bar.

Also, should I be using twisted.web2.client now, or is it still under
development?

Thanks,
Ross

[1] The library is at http://burtonini.com/bzr/flickrpc/