[Twisted-web] REST and DELETE

Andy Fundinger Andy at NewWorldElectric.com
Wed Dec 19 16:46:39 EST 2007

No, actually the option to use a number of verbs is core to http, not
sure if it's arbitrarily many or just GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE,
TRACE, OPTIONS, and a few selected others.  As I understand it WebDAV
may add VERSION and certainly specifies the semantics for using it's
operations.

Actually the PUT verb is super useful for webservice implementations
because you can use it to send arbitrary data into your service.  Its
handy on REST implementations and perhaps even more so if you start
breaking the REST rules (bad developer no twinkie)

-Andy Fundinger

On Dec 19, 2007 4:32 PM, Colin Alston <karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net> wrote:
> On 19/12/2007 23:07 Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure what putrequest is.  I also don't really know
> > what the contents of a DELETE request might be, so I probably
> > couldn't say anything useful here even if I did know what
> > putrequest is.
> >

> Uhm, isn't PUT/DELETE part of WEBDAV? I doubt (read: hope) twisted
> doesn't implement that as part of HTTP.

Blog:  http://channel3b.wordpress.com
Second Life Name:  Ciemaar Flintoff

I am a sig Virus. Please put me in your sig so that I can continue to replicate.