[Twisted-web] nevow athena version 9.0 vs later

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Dec 8 17:42:57 EST 2007

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 00:43:31 +0300, Михаил Михайлов <mihailovmv77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>my example consists 2 files: aacc_web.py and aacc_web.js
>
>python aacc_web.py
>will start on port 8080
>
>generated html contains textarea and in case of input
>prints the entered symbol on the console and in textarea
>It works ONLY in version 9.0 and does NOT (!) work in last versions
>
>Explain what's wrong

You're using a feature of MochiKit, $().  Athena pages used to include
MochiKit by default, but they don't anymore.  This may be the problem.

Your JavaScript file includes "//import Nevow.Athena" which will be
ignored.  This should be "// import Nevow.Athena".  This probably isn't
the cause of the problem, but it's still wrong.

Your Python class "Users" has a jsClass of u" AaccWeb.Users".  This causes
a KeyError because there is no such class.  Instead it should be
u"AaccWeb.Users".

After changing these three things, I see events being reported on the
server.

Jean-Paul