[Twisted-web] Nevow application as a plugin

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Aug 23 09:25:08 EDT 2007

On 11:07 am, tarjei at nu.no wrote:
>Hi, as part of making my application ready for prime time, I'm looking
>for solutions / suggestions to a few problems.
>
>My goal is to be able to launch the application using twistd <appname>
>--some-param and not have to know the path to the app.tap file and be
>able to mix normal twistd commandline options and extra application
>specific options.
>
>Does anyone have an example of a Nevow application running as a plugin?
>[1]

http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk/Nevow/twisted/plugins/nevow_widget.py
http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk/Nevow/nevow/_widget_plugin.py

This could stand to be improved.  In particular it would be good if it
instantiated a new page/widget each time rather than using one that can
only be rendered once.  But it should be a fairly concise example of the
basics.
>Is the document referenced above using the new plugin system or the old
>one? (twisted.plugins vs twisted.python.plugin)

Assuming you mean
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/tutorial/configuration.html

"plugins.tml" is a dead giveaway that it's the bad, old one.  That
document should probably just be deleted.  The new, good plugin system
is documented here:

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/plugin.html

and here:

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/tap.html