[Twisted-web] Adding Athena JS handlers in render methods?

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi-twisted-web at mithrandi.za.net
Wed Aug 1 09:43:23 EDT 2007

* kgi <iacovou at gmail.com> [2007-08-01 16:07:15 +0300]:

> I'd like to kill the stan version by arranging to call the LiveElement's
> update code after the page has rendered; however, I'm unsure where the hook
> should go. I already have code to allow the LiveElements to request a
> callback, I just need to know when the Athena link is up and running.

I think the usual way to handle this is to make a client-to-server
callRemote from the widget's nodeInserted method; the server-side method
could either return the update in response to that call, or simply
perform a server-to-client callRemote to do the update. I believe both
of those options are equally efficient in terms of network behaviour.