[Twisted-web] fragments with child lookup

Markus Schiltknecht markus at bluegap.ch
Thu Oct 12 03:57:03 CDT 2006

Hi,

L. Daniel Burr wrote:
> I'm a bit busy today, but I will respond in greater length about why I do
> not care for the "every URL segment is a template" design approach, and
> what I prefer to do instead.
>
> Also, thanks for actually reading up on Zope Acquisition and WSGI issues;
> I'll try to explain where I think they go wrong.

Did you find some time to explain already? I'm still curious.

My current project which started all this is almost over now. As you
might know, I tried to do it the nevow way. And I guess I've come to the
root of my problem: I'm more looking for a _website_ building system,
while nevow seems to be a system to build web applications. Which is in
no way meant to put nevow down, it just has a slightly different focus.

Another thought I've had was: most probably I could come away with just
having the templates split up. I don't need (and as you have pointed
out, it's probably dangerous) to split the code behind. One way to do
that would be writing a docFactory which compiles a template from
multiple XML fragments.

Anyway, before writing any code I'd love to hear what concepts others
have in mind. Especially your argumentation against WSGI would be
interesting for me.

Regards

Markus