[Twisted-web] Import channel Problem

George Wright georgewr at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 30 23:25:53 CDT 2006

Thanks David
Yes I am using web2 0.1 - I won't any more.
I did see references to later versions but I don't know about svn.
I do have Smartsvn 1.1 but I hadn't learnt how to use it yet.
However I followed my nose and used the address you gave me and it
seems to have downloaded the stuff.
How do I install it? There is no installer
Do I just copy contents into the web2 folder at /Library/Python/2.3/
site-packages/twisted/web2/ after trashing previous contents?
Or maybe something else?

On 31/05/2006, at 10:18 AM, David Reid wrote:
> George Wright wrote:
>
>> Doing example1.py in first tutorial of twisted.web2
>> (documentation/intro.txt)
>> I keep getting:
>> ImportError: cannot import name channel
>
> You're most likely using web2 0.1 which is unfortunately very very
> old,
> and completely out of date and should not be used at all.

> you should use svn trunk[0]
> until then.
>
> - -David
>
> [0] svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Twisted/trunk

George Wright
http://users.bigpond.net.au/George.Wright/