[Twisted-web] Mysterious behavior w/ XMLRPC plus adbapi

Sean Scoggins seanscoggins at gmail.com
Tue May 23 07:18:11 CDT 2006

On 5/22/06, L. Daniel Burr <ldanielburr at mac.com> wrote:

> Can you tell us what platform you are on?  From your choice of db
> adapters, I'd guess you are using Windows.  What database?  MS SQL Server?

Yes, this is Python 2.4 and Twisted 2.2.0 running on WinXP Professional,
connecting to an Oracle 9i DB.  I can independently verify that ODBC
connections (from C++) succeed correctly, up to the process limit set in
Oracle, so Oracle is not running out of connections.  I haven't verified an
ADO connection yet, but I have no reason to think it won't work.

I've enlisted the help of our friendly neighborhood Oracle dba to look at it
from the database end, to see if that gives me any insights, but I'm not
sure what the best way to debug a Twisted app is - I'm still in the "getting
my brain around asynchronous programming" mode ;-)  The error code from the
Oracle driver is non-helpful, so hopefully we can extract some more info
about it today.

Thanks!
Sean