[Twisted-web] [Nevow] JavaScript code

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi-twisted-web at mithrandi.za.net
Sat Jul 29 16:44:51 CDT 2006

* Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone <dialtone at divmod.com> [2006-07-29 22:48:09 +0200]:

> >If you want to use MochiKit in your own code, there's not too much
> >stopping you; currently, it is problematic to try and use a different
> >version of MochiKit to the one distributed with Nevow, but once this
> >dependency is completely phased out, that problem will no longer exist.
>
> Of course. I might use dojo toolkit as well. But having two different
> deferreds implementations in the same code is quite difficult to deal with.

Is there anything besides XMLHTTPRequest that you would use MochiKit's
deferreds for? If you're using Athena, you don't have any need for
MochiKit's XHR support, so this seems to be a non-issue...

> And also using mochikit would only solve the visual effects problem,
> whereas the browser compatibility problem won't be solved (not that I
> especially care about the bugged safari).

Increasing the usage of MochiKit in Athena would not solve the browser
compatibility problem either: the lack of support for various browsers
stems from functionality that is not implemented in MochiKit at all.