[Twisted-web] documentation -- Techno Turkey's fifth adventure

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Jul 28 15:37:49 CDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:42:44 -0400 (EDT), lloyd at paisite.com wrote:
>Hi Valentino,
>
>On Thu, July 27, 2006 1:38 pm, Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone wrote:
>
>> This is right. Nevow and the new Twisted do require zope.interface to
>> work. It's is present in all ubuntu configurations and I think also
>> debian's.
>
>I've loaded python2.3-zopeinterface from Debian repository and, in my
>devel system, have renamed ResourceMagic.py ResourceMagic.tac.
>
>Now when I run twistd -noy ResourceMagic.tac I get the error shown below.
>Can't figure out how to track it down.

You really want to be running a newer Twisted than 1.3.0.  There will
be all sorts of compatibility problems between it, Zope Interface, and
any reasonably recent version of Nevow.

Generally there should be a lot of flex in the version dependencies
between Twisted and Nevow, but the Zope Interface change was massive
and pervasive, so things are pretty much just broken if you don't use
the right versions together.

Jean-Paul