[Twisted-web] documentation -- Techno Turkey's fifth adventure

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Thu Jul 27 12:38:17 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:23:00 -0400 (EDT), lloyd at paisite.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've added Turkey's fifth adventure, "Dialtone's Resource Magic" to
>http://twisted.paisite.com

Very cool.

>"Failed to load application: No module named zope.interface"

This is right. Nevow and the new Twisted do require zope.interface to work.
It's is present in all ubuntu configurations and I think also debian's. If it's not there you can get it here:

http://www.zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface

>"Failed to load application: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>'ResourceMagic.py'"

Yes, twistd doesn't import the file, only loads it and executes it, even if it is in the path it won't be loaded. That's why it is also better to name it  with the tac suffix instead of the py suffix so that people won't believe it's importable.

>Also, it'd be helpful if a couple of people could review/proofread/test
>"Dialtone's Resource Magic" in http://twisted.paisite.com to affirm that
>all is correct and clear. I'll continue to test the code once I get past
>this zope.interface problem.

I'll give it a look later.