[Twisted-web] fork to Nevow documentation

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Thu Jul 20 16:35:25 CDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:59:32 -0200, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>It is by no way a complete and good documentation!
>It needs a lot of feedback, but using only the mailing list for
>discussion is no good.

I disagree. The mailing list instead is a good place to have the feedback and the bugtracker is a good place for patches.

IMHO that session document is not very good :/. The reason is the fact that it uses the session to store information.

While this is not especially bad it has a drawback. It stores state in something that is not persistent nor shared between the servers that might exist in your farm.

User data or preferences or whatever should be stored in the database or in another persistent mechanism.

All unless you use a stateful loadbalancer which would allow to store stuff in the session (although that wouldn't still work with persistent sessions).

>Moreover I still have to use sessions in my application, so I can not
>test a real working application; for now it is like a placeholder.

Sessions are actually only an implementation detail of the web and shouldn't be exposed in any way to the developer or the user. I say shouldn't because there might be usecases where it is actually needed although the general case should even come close to know that there are sessions.

Imho at least.